Saturday, January 31, 2009

Fight the Good Fight

What is right?
Is my life built on a rock?
What is wrong?
In a whirl, life seems to go faster everyday
What do I love?
If it weren't for God, I would fall in every which way
What should I stand up for?
Time spins
The bell buzzes like a bee
Always ringing in my ear
The second hand seems to tick faster everyday
Spiraling, I keep spinning
Oh how I need Jesus to help me
I need His love to guide me when there is no light
I need to carry his candle when it is dark
I must read His Word
In a whirl, my life goes
Am I coming?
I should stop and prepare for war
Am I going?
I must study His life manual
Will I try to do it all on my own strength?
Or will I rely on God that's living inside of me?
The one who will never leave me nor forsake me
So I can know how to use my two-edged sword
I fight the good fight of faith with God on my side
The light is my Father
For His breath and love letter guide my crooked steps
They lead me unto the way everlasting
Into the light of day
My night time becomes as bright as the sun
I follow the light
I take up the sword
Fighting the good fight of faith
Pursuing love, godliness, and righteousness
Are you prepared for war?
With God and His Word, we will experience victory
Fight the good fight of faith!!

Written by Stacie in 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!!! May God bless you! =)