Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Person in the Mirror

Sometimes, I mirror the world rather than reflecting You, God. Broken, I come running. Running back into your arms of grace, and bowing at your nail pierced and blood stained feet.

I’m determined to live for so very much more than mediocrity. Giving up all my fears, I ask you to change my heart. Mold me into the person I am to become. What are my virtues and how will I be able to hear your voice? Hear it over all of life’s noise?

I want to be so in love with You, my Savior. This is my desperate cry. Jesus, you are the grace of my life. Without You, where would I be? I can’t go a single day without Your precious love.

I realized that I had to let go of EVERYTHING before You could turn me into the best me that I could possibly be.

I was letting other things overtake me where I no longer had a photograph of the person I wanted to be - one that reflected Your love, Your forgiveness, and Your character. 
To gain integrity and to become the person God designed me to be, I had to kneel in surrender.

The photograph is coming into focus. Now things don’t always seem clear, but I rest assured, knowing my Savior is ever so near. I no longer conform to this world, but I ask you to transform me by the renewing of my mind so that I may be able to test and approve what Your will is.

I can feel You shining through me. How can I keep from shining? How can I keep from singing? You are my life. I see Your grace ready to forgive. I am learning what is pure and noble. I saw what I didn’t want my character to become. Also, You showed me Your love. Most of all, I learned that NOTHING is impossible with You. I resolve to do hard things for Your glory. I just found myself. There is no turning around. My feet are planted on this solid ground.

Jesus, help me reflect You and capture the image of what it means to mirror You.


-Written by Stacie in June 2007, edited in 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!!! May God bless you! =)